Agenda Day Two
Day Two:Thursday 27 June 2019
Case Studies On Predictive Maintenance, Asset Management, Tamping, Switches & Crossings & New Technologies
8.00 Coffee And Registration
9.00 Chair's Opening Remarks
ERTMS TECHNOLOGIES PANEL
9.10 Implementation And Deployment Of ERTMS Systems Including Operational Challenges And Related Solutions And A Regulatory Overview
Understanding the correct ERTMS systems deployment strategies, from both an operator and a regulatory point of view
- How much does it cost?
- How easy is it to implement?
- Quantifying the benefits
- How to ensure regulatory compliance
- Correct maintenance of your ERTMS System
9.40 Questions & Discussion
ASSET MANAGEMENT SESSION 1 - COST OPTIMISED ASSET MANAGEMENT
9.50 Leverage Asset Management To Maximise Maintenance Delivery & Reliability
How do you control and monitor all assets, not only track but also traction power systems, and then capture the data from those systems so that it can be utilised correctly to deliver reliability centered maintenance and whole life?
- Technology to support your infrastructure asset management
- Machine learning to collate and analyse your multiple asset data
- Pro and cons of different technologies
- Quantifying the cost savings
Paul Vincent, Technical Lead - Track Recording and Analysis, TfL Engineering
10.20 Questions & Discussion
10.30 Morning Refreshments & Networking In the Exhibition Area
ASSET MANAGEMENT SESSION 2 - SOFTWARE UPDATE
11.00 Assess, Which Type Of Asset Management Is Used To Deal With The Data
Data is an asset in its own right as with better data, you make better decisions. How do rail companies capture their data and how do they maintain their data asset to ensure reliability of services?
- Using asset data recording on the ground
- Using asset data recording on asset management systems
- Data processing best practice
- Ensuring the caption of correct data
- Cost-benefit analysis of different systems
11.30 Questions & Discussion
TECHNOLOGY SESSION 1 - NON-DESTRUPTIVE TESTING - ULTRASONIC TESTING AND EDDY CURRENT TESTING: HAVING A COMPLETE VIEW OF THE CONDITION OF YOUR TRACK
11.40 How To Get Full Coverage Of The Rail Condition & Remove Defects
Combining ultrasonic and eddy current testing to allow you to see and have a complete idea of the condition of your track; external and internal, without damaging your infrastructures.
- At which speed are they able to recognise defects?
- What exact techniques are used to analyse faults?
- How automatic are those systems?
- How difficult are they to use?
- Can we quantify benefits in terms of drastic savings on staffing?
12.00 Questions & Discussion
12.10 Lunch & Networking In The Exhibition Area
OBTAINING A BALANCE BETWEEN ACCURACY, REPEATABILITY, INFORMATION AND COST
13:10 How To Intelligently Adopt & Integrate New Technologies To Create Added Values
New technology, when correctly implemented, undoubtedly brings better track and assets availability, but it comes at a price.
Can we justify the investments by quantifying the exact value in terms of track availability? And what is the best cost-availably balance?
- What is the realistic availability % when considering cost/benefits?
- How do you quantify the true improvement of availability related to a particular technology?
- Is 100% availability even possible?
13.30 Questions & Discussion
GRINDING TESTING STRATEGY
13:40 How To Optimise Your Grinding Activities To Improve Long Term Maintenance Strategies Whilst Saving In Cost
A good grinding strategy can dramatically reduce the amount of rail break downs by allowing long term maintenance strategy including helping with the decision making regarding rail replacement locations and scheduling.
- Optimum frequency of grinding activities
- Pros and cons of grinding testing
- Cost benefit analysis
14.00 Questions & Discussion
SPONSOR CASE STUDY
14.10 Reserved For Event Sponsor
14.30 Questions & Discussion
TAMPING PANEL DISCUSSION
14.40 Maximise The Benefit Of The Tamping Machine Intervention
Tamping is a commonly practiced intervention, but what is the right moment to do so? Are we flogging a dead horse and should instead look at renewal?
- When is best to Tamp and when to renew?
- Cost analysis of both strategies, which is most cost effective?
- Are there alternatives to tamping?
Michael Hayes, Tamping Delivery Manager-Asset Operations, London Underground
15.10 Questions & Discussion
15.20 Afternoon Refreshments & Networking In The Exhibition Area
SWITCHES & CROSSINGS SESSION 1
15.50 How To Improve The Lifecycle Of The Ballast & Overall System to considerably cut your renewals and replacements cost.
Ballast are extremely complex and expensive to replace, meaning that the lifecycle of the ballast seems to be the lifecycle of the S&C. This session will look at new methods and tools to monitor your ballast condition in order to prolong the life cycle of your ballast.
- Substantial data on benefits of using ballast mats
- Ballast health tracking technologies
- Best practice in ballast condition and preventive maintenance
16.20 Questions & Discussion
SWITCHES & CROSSINGS SESSION 2
16.30 Generating Objective Data To Analyse Switches & Crossings
With Switches & Crossings being considerably more complex to monitor than strait tracks, monitoring systems will help evaluate the stability of all switches and crossings. This session will help us understand the most cost effective way to look after the health of your S&Cs.
- What are the best monitoring tools?
- What are the best analytical tools?
- Which data should we focus on?
- Cost benefit analysis
17.00 Questions & Discussion
17.10 Chair's Closing Remarks & End Of Conference